Sunday 5 September 2010

*Arms Pointing At The Sky* I Give In You Win.

Yes even I will concede defeat, graciously to, without excess use of rude words. I was doing this thing called DIY this morning and for some reason felt inspired to fix something that had been irritating me for a while now. The patio foot board needed a new few coats of stain, so I dragged myself from my bed, donned some old clothes, found a paintbrush, a screwdriver and some wood stain. Ready! I thought; did the business and wondered why it would required 5 hours to be touch dry. Lo and behold, what happens, the lord of the rain decided that I should not be doing this so it pissed on my parade. I now am required to live with open doors in the rain praying it does not wash the stain onto my flagstones and thereby requiring more DIY to fix.
Rant over. :-)

Actually the subject I was thinking off was Internet Dating, prior to my daily disaster, other than what to eat for lunch.

It would seem as if the massed believe that Internet Dating is the easy way to meet a potential long term mate. You are dazzled with an array of choices, all of which cost more than the last. There is the original dating site, and there are the conman sites.

Seriously people It would be cheaper to buy a Russian bride than signing up to the half or dozen dating sites available.

So signing up for the service, for research purposes only of course. I decide to have a look see what happens. It just looks like a catalogue for distance selling, to think we moan about human trafficking but we do it gladly, by selling ourselves on the Interwebs.

So ladies, please help my research by messaging me, I don't bite and I wash everyday.

Signing off

Lemon Tree Man

3 comments:

  1. For BG the proof:

    Actually the blank bit is not what is hard about all this, it is actually finding a photo that is not 10 or so years old. I have never been a fan of self portraits, hence the hours spend going through photo's looking for one with me in it. Success at last.

    As for who I am and what I do? Do you really want to know? I mean I wouldn't its boring. Mystery is more fun. I'm extremely laid back wihout being lazy, spontaneous when i feel it necessary but like my routine.

    What I do best is make food as my friends will attest to, I also read and by proxy therefore am cultured, I look for excuses to dress up as work does not really let me. I do work for a living even if all I do is reassure people that everything is alright.

    As its teatime and I am hungry, I will stop blathering, if you feel like knowing more just ask, no need to be shy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you REALLY want to buy a Russian bride?!?!?! Look what happened to the guy who mail ordered one in Birthday Girl ~ nooooooooo!!!!!!..LTM is still very much needed to enrich our lives with his anecdotes :)

    By looking at ye "proof", you probably will have a fair chance of getting responses (albeit not immediate becos like you said, there's an array of choices so your potential respondees need to trawl through LOTS of dating sites just to get to your profile! Think of the damage the trawling will do to one's eyesight..sigh..most certainly hope you won't end up with a half blind other half by the time you get to find your one true mate!)

    Oxymoron ye self description may be, humour in it definitely there is but RREEAAALLLLYYY...that reading by proxy makes one cultured?!?! Hahaha!

    It will fun to see how LTM fares with his *cough* research and who knows, maybe he might find his one true love so all of us should hold our breadths ;).. By the time this comment is posted, here's to LTM getting his first or an avalanche of responses (we hope they are mostly from ladies but in the cyber world, there shouldn't be a discount on the occasional blokes, weirdos or what have you nots!)

    And ohs, you are right..internet dating does seem a little like human trafficking but human trafficking with licenses! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well if she is half blind then she will be only able to see the good side of me. :)
    I guess first I need to find my good side.

    To be honest though, even with research in mind I am confident that this exercise will show how worthless this process of self-slavery is.

    Rest assured I will keep everyone updated and share my experiences in order to prevent any of my good readers making the mistake of selling themselves in this manner.

    ReplyDelete