Thursday 12 August 2010

Engrish and the Virtues of Linguini

Welcome to my pet hate. Language specifically the English language. I understand the need to be creative with words, trust me I do my fair share of creating and twisting in order to satisfy my creative linguistics.

But please txt speak? Mail speak? There is no way this language, even with all the best will in the world, there is impossibility for genuine understanding unless you are fifteen, pimpled, tracksuit wearing chav.

Yes we hate chavs for everything they represent but more so for the corruption of the queen’s language.

I have to face it, I am getting old and I cannot understand any of it. After many hours of repetition and learning by rote I have grasped a few: LOL, M8, KEK, MDR, TTFN, ROFL, OMG, WTF, FTW etc.... all of which are included in the vast gaming world, so one does get used to it.

Today I saw an anonymous comment and the rage came upon me. I Quote:

‘GLHF. wtb RRS link to add to my reader’

GLHF? OMG WTF!!!!! And yes this deserves 5 exclamation marks.

If you are going to post such inane comments have the decency to NOT be anonymous, I don’t know who you are and nor do I care other than you read my crap!

Ok I get that you want RRS link, if you tell me how to do it then I will... Anyone?
Help me save the English language.

Signing off

Lemon Tree Man

No comments:

Post a Comment