Wednesday 11 August 2010

I Stream You Scream


While listening to some fancy tunes in my frozen cubicle via the great tool SPOTIFY; I started wondering about the wonders of music streaming.

Granted my boss can afford to have super fast Interwebs and well we are in the non-third world. What about when I get home? How will my super cheap Interwebs fare? Well quite well actually, in fact there is no difference.

But do I really want to stream all my content? No I like owning my stuff, I am a post modern materialist; I want to show off my music collection, my film collections so when I bring home the elusive female kind they can admire and wonder at my clear cultural superiority. I guess I need more books for that but I can hope no?
So streaming is not the way ahead for us mere mortals, it is on the other hand very useful. I don’t need to cart around my record collection, I can discover new bands risk free and see TV where no TV is available.

Well I promise I am getting to the point.

I am going to talk about a band that I discovered via Spotify, I can’t remember how or why I listened to them, but I have since decided that they deserve to be in my record collection.

I can’t really describe what they do its kind off like slightly punky rock and roll. It’s a modern version of 70’s rock. I guess they would not like the description but to my un-trained ear it’s what they are, being stuck in the 70’s as I am that is. In my humblest opinion they are finally one of the few bands of today who actually make nice music, I mean its not dance, hip-hop, r&B, bling bling tasticness.

They are a 3 album band and I wish them the best of luck.

So sign up to Spotify and give Gaslight Anthems a listen.

+3 rep for all the above

Signing off

Lemon Tree Man

No comments:

Post a Comment